@Rachael.Davis · Posted 03 Aug. 2021
@Peter.Clark · Updated 03 Aug. 2021
PayPal is a safe payment method, for the most part. In order to prevent hackers from capturing private information between buyers and sellers, all PayPal transactions are sent with end-to-end encryption. Buyers and sellers can both feel safe using PayPal if they adhere to the appropriate security protocols, such as using two-factor identification, as well as taking full advantage of the security measures PayPal offers its clients, security experts maintain. In other words, not even the recipient has access to your financial information.
Each PayPal transaction can be made more secure by employing a second authorization factor. Security Key lets you create temporary security codes that you enter along with your password. The protection is enabled once you enable the feature.
PayPal is a safe way to purchase goods and services. Sending money through PayPal is safer than using Western Union or direct wire transfers. Those who want higher levels of security and privacy should look into PayPal transfers because potential scammers can't get any financial information from them.
Ø Businesses can prevent fraud by following these six recommendations from PayPal:
· Accounts should be reconciled daily and transactions tracked
· You can set a maximum purchase amount
· Using address verification, check billing addresses
· It is very important that the buyer enters the card verification code
· Set strong passwords as a requirement for users
· Update your business software and operating system
Ø PAYPAL'S SECURITY MEASURES
· Several policies designed by PayPal have been developed to address fraudulent activities and otherwise mischievous conduct that has emerged with e-commerce:
· PayPal's Purchase Protection policy ensures that users are refunded in full for products purchased online with PayPal that do not arrive. You can get a refund for an order that didn't arrive if it was paid with PayPal. The company is not responsible if you report an unauthorized purchase within 60 days of the incident.
· To access PayPal, make sure your computer or mobile device is running the latest operating system and software. Your accounts are nearly always secured through updates that fix security holes.
· PayPal users must also take steps to add their own layer of security by updating the data security software of their devices. PayPal buyers should also avoid using public Wi-Fi for transactions, as data hackers are more likely to break into a secure wireless connection
· Using your credit card rather than your bank account or debit card to fund your PayPal account is also a good idea. You will be more likely to get a refund from a credit card company than a bank/debit card company because credit card companies are more likely to approve payment disputes.
Using PayPal involves some responsibility for safety on your part. Passwords should be difficult to ***** and changed occasionally. Make sure you choose your online retailers carefully. Frequently check your account for mystery purchases to avoid using public Wi-Fi.