@Kelly.Jackson · Posted 14 Sep. 2021
@Frank.Lucas · Updated 04 Mar. 2022
The popular Apple AirPods are a great way to listen to podcasts, listen to music, and watch videos in the field. However, they are prone to be misplaced like your other small wireless devices. You can find your lost AirPods very easily. You might just be looking for the last place where you left your AirPods case and want to ensure they are nearby. Even if you drop an AirPod under the couch or any other room, there is a way to find individual buds. Read the below points to know how to find AirPod when you lost it.
HOW TO FIND YOUR AIRPODS WITH FIND MY APP?
In case you lose your AirPods - and I mean the entire case along with your AirPods. Follow these steps:
· Go to the Find My app on your iPhone then click on the Devices tab at the bottom.
· You can now choose your AirPods.
· You will see right on a map where the last connected location was directly on your iPhone. By checking this, you can find out where you left your AirPods.
HOW TO FIND YOUR AIRPODS WITHOUT AN IPHONE
· Enter your Apple ID credentials to sign in at iCloud.com using your web browser of choice.
· To begin the finding process, you may be required to first enter the six-digit code. Once you've entered the code select Find iPhone option.
· A list of all your devices will appear on your Find My map. The drop-down menu allows you to see AirPods' location or last paired location
HOW TO FIND YOUR AIRPOD EARBUDS IF YOU LOST
· Using Bluetooth-enabled devices, you can play a helpful audio alert to locate your lost earbuds.
· It's easy to find AirPods in the Find My app or on the iCloud site by selecting All Devices. option.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU LOSE AN SINGLE AIRPOD
iCloud's site and Find My app will show the locations of AirPods separately. If you only need one AirPod, you can place one in the case and find it on the map if you can't find the other. By refreshing the map, the information about missing earbuds will appear.
AIRPODS CASE FINDING GUIDE
You can't track your AirPods' case location with Find My, track only the AirPods. A sound cannot be output by the case for location tracking, Speakers are not included in the case, which is dependent on the headphones. As an added precaution, you can connect a tracking device like a Tile or an AirTag to the case to trace the case's position alongside the earbuds.
IF FIND MY APP SAYS IT CANNOT LOCATE YOUR AIRPODS, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?You will see a message stating that the AirPods were unable to locate a location or were unavailable if they were too far away or dead. You will be notified once they return to the web when you use the Find My app. You will be notified once they return to the web when you use Find My app.